Sunday, March 16, 2008

The bachelor life

So I'm alone again. For the night anyway. This is Spring Break for Broken Arrow schools, so my niece and my sister will be gone for the rest of the week, after tomorrow.

So I'm alone, and will have the house all to myself all this week.

I was looking forward to it. Watching what I wanted, eating what and when I wanted, laying around and drinking beer.

But it's not fun like it used to be.

I spent a good portion of my adult life living by myself. Liked it. I could do whatever, and had plenty of time alone with my thoughts. I was a loner and thought I always would be.

Today though it's different. Instead of being alone, I am just lonely.

I'm looking forward to being married to Katie and having someone else (specifically her) to share my life with. I realize now just how bad it's going to be if she goes out of town to visit her sisters or on a business trip or something. I wouldn't know what to do with myself, other than stare at the walls.

I guess I became too domesticated.

I am going to marry Katie, and her love is the best thing I could ever have. I'm praying to God I don't ruin it and fail like I do everything else. Please God let me get this one thing right.

I don't want to be alone any more.

No comments: