Saturday, September 6, 2008

Friday night lights



I made it out with Flip video camera in hand for the Charles Page High School Sandites' season-opener at home against visiting Enid Plainsmen.

This was the first year for our paper to have a video camera for football, so I was anxious to try everything I could with the shooting.

Frankly, it's amazing what a $140 camera and some pre-installed movie editing software on an iMac can accomplish. And I haven't even really begun to play with the features on the editing software. I have a lot to learn about the camera work though, but I think I'm getting better.

But back to the important stuff: CPHS lost, but it was a pretty decent game.

The evening also served to remind me just how much I can't wait to get back into Sand Springs, and our little house there. It's going to be fun being married and starting a family in that town.

No comments: