Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why I can't wait for spring

My wife and I went to a stormspotting class in Sand Springs Thursday night, Jan. 22.

This was a free course offered by the National Weather Service, and given by meteorologist Ed Calienese. I'd been to two before, but thought this was important to go, because this would be Katie's first time.

See, she's from Pennsylvania, up near Philadelphia, so tornadoes aren't really her thing. I tried to equate just what it's like for us with this equation: Tornadoes are to Okies as Phillie people are to... snow.

That was wrong.

But anyway, the idea was to get a refresher course for me, and an introduction course for her on just what a springtime is like for Oklahoma.

Frankly, this should be a required thing for any emergency worker, as well as a simplified version required for all school students.

So, that's why I can't wait for spring. Twisters. I love 'em.

No comments: